Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Soon Arriving...a MASS MoCA Update

I still need to download all of the pictures from this weekend's trip to MASS MoCA (it has been a hectic work week - and it is only Tuesday!).  So in honor of Mother's Day, this past weekend, here are some photos of a trip my mom took "back in the day".

My mom, her sister and her cousin delivered a car for a dealership from Missouri to California (wish that option was still available!).  I believe she was in her early 20s so this had to be the late 50s/early 60s.  I have always loved hearing my mom tell me about this trip and admire three single young ladies taking off on their own across the country.

I love headscarves - why don't we wear these anymore?!

Driving "carefully" through Utah.

Much better traveling attire than the ripped jeans I wear!

Arizona.  Welcome.

Absolutely love this picture!  My mom is the one on the (zebra painted?) donkey.  

Back of the card. Ha!

I like to think that my sense of travel and adventure comes from her.  I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment