Monday, May 16, 2011

The Porches

We stayed at The Porches Inn while visiting MASS MoCA.  I believe I found them through the MASS MoCA site.  Located directly across from the museum, The Porches has 47 rooms of what their website calls "retro-edgy, industrial granny chic".  I wasn't quite sure what that description would entail, but I loved what I saw on their website and we were definitely not disappointed!  We stayed in one of the Deluxe Superior rooms with a porch overlooking the year-round heated swimming pool.  The room reminded me of the farmhouse I grew up in, with beadboard throughout and a painted wooden floor.  Very homey and comfortable and everyone working there was extremely helpful and nice giving us insight on the museum as well as some good hiking trails (pictures to be posted later!).

View from the side parking lot - each building was a different color.

















The very comfortable king size bed, which was covered by a beautiful quilt.















I'm not usually a fan of plate displays, but these were very pretty!



























Desk area.















The set of Apple products - only item missing is the iPad ;p



















Our sitting area.  I love the frosted glass windows that lead to the bathroom.

















The bathroom was amazing - clawfoot tub, beadboard, slate floor, the hooks!


The windows gave the bathroom a nice glow.
These hooks would be great for an entryway.









































Last, but not least, our cute little porch.
























It was a very fun and relaxing trip; if you are ever in the MA area I definitely recommend stopping by to see MASS MoCA and staying at The Porches!

No comments:

Post a Comment