Monday, June 20, 2011

Vertical Garden / AC Cover

This weekend I celebrated Fathers Day by using power tools :).  I have a rather large and not so attractive air conditioner in front of my townhome.   And now that I have a very nice and new patio (and the huge pile of dirt is finally gone - thanks James!) I decided it was time for a solution to covering up said AC.  The inspiration came from a vertical herb garden that I saw on the housetohome website.  I used deck wood and deck screws so that it could withstand the weather.  I also plan on staining and then applying a coat of urethane as a finishing touch.  We also took a trip to Ikea and Home Depot for some cute outdoor furniture and a grill - I'm definitely looking forward to a 4th of July BBQ!


 If you are looking for an inexpensive way to have an herb garden, or to just display plants, and you don't have much space - I recommend just getting an old pallet, weather treating it, and either hang or lean it against a wall and voila!
Afterwards James took me out to eat at Mon Ami Gabi (love!) and we went also stopped by a small fair and had cotton candy.  (Isn't he handsome!) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment